Comedy for the Curious: a science, stand-up chat show
Laugh Train Home has been delivering line-ups to London for 8 years, and now we are delivering something just as funny, but way more unique.What is Love? Fear? Personality? In a world where people want to know why, but also need a laugh, Sydney Fringe Comedy Award Winner Robyn Perkins covers both in her new stand-up, science chat show: Comedy for the Curious. This show delves into poignant subjects, exploring them through stand-up and science (plus a silly game).
January 17th: COMPETITIVENESS with Jarred Christmas & Darius Davies!
Everyone wants to win, but ever get a bit TOO into a game of Monopoly? No, me, neither.
This week’s comedy show is all about competition, competitiveness, and of course, winning. This unique online show combines stand-up comedy, science comedy and a silly (but competitive) game.
Featuring Jarred Christmas (Never Mind the Buzzcocks, Mock the Week, Russell Howard's Good News, 8 Out of 10 Cats, Dave's One Night Stand) & Darius Davies alongside host Robyn Perkins, don’t miss this unique comedy chat show.
January 24th: Fear Ep2 - Thrills & Phobias Featuring Laura Lexx (Live at the Apollo) & Dave Chawner
Fear Ep1 looked at fear in general, Episode 2 is getting to the nitty gritty of scary movies & phobias.
January 31st: The Class System with Stephen Bailey (Celebs on the Farm) & Jacob Hawley
Stephen Bailey & Jacob Hawley are our fantastic guests this week and we will be chatting about the Class System. Combining stand-up comedy, a bit of science, and our weekly game (Versus the Audience), it's gonna be a good time!
February 7th: Fear Part Ep1 with Susan Murray
What are we afraid of? And why?? I know, a big topic, but it will be fun, funny and of course, interesting. This episode of Comedy for the Curious explores all things fear related through stand-up and science.
February 14th: For Love or Lust -It’s Valentine’s Day, so yea, we are chatting love. But it won’t be all cheeseballs and kiss emojis, we’ll also talk about flirting, lusting and sexiness. 2 guest comics will join us. And as always, we will wrap up with our game of Versus the Audience.
February 21st: TBD
PLEASE NOTE - some servers block our email. If you do NOT have a zoom link by 8:15pm, please email LaughTrainHome@gmail.com, text at 07838790961. ASAP.
Free Ticket (limited)
We will send you the link. There are some limited tickets for free as everyone should be able to have a laugh, regardless of your working situation. Also, feel free to bag one of these tix if you work for the NHS or are an essential worker, working your butt off and risking your life. OH, and finally, if you just don't trust it will be good, you can grab one and donate later!
|20:30 - 21:30||Free admission|
Ticket to ZOOM Comedy
Link and Password to ZOOM Chat. If you can, please purchase one ticket per person.
|20:30 - 21:30||£5.00|
Get YouTube Live Stream Link
If you'd rather watch on YouTube instead of in ZOOM, here is the link to watch the show. NOTE: You will not be able to participate in any polls or interact with the comics.
|20:30 - 21:30||£1.00|
Online Event, Your Home, Your Laptop, EARTH
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.